Lower Body Blast Workout
The Lower Body Blast Workout utilizes the Precor Smith Machine and is designed to strengthen the glutes, hamstrings and quadriceps. This program combines a primary strength movement – the dead lift – with three drop sets of alternating lunges.
- Brace the core and keep head and spine in a neutral position.
- Keep the bar as close to the body as possible throughout the movement.
- Squeeze the glutes at the top of the range of motion while extending the knees and hips.
Reverse Alternating Lunges
- Keep the chest up while stepping back into a lunge position.
- Drive the heel into the ground while standing up and maintain three points of contact with the ground – heel, big toe and little toe.
- Maintain alignment of the knees, hips and toes.
- Squeeze the glutes at the top of the range of motion and switch legs.